Gwent Police will be running a series of one day BikeSafe workshops and two day ‘Bridging the Gap’ workshops during the year. These workshops are specifically designed for motorcyclists who wish to enter into post test motorcycle training. Post-test training has proved to be of benefit to riders of all levels and experience. The cost of Gwent BikeSafe includes hot food, refreshments and literature. An extra £10 per day is charged for pillions. Gwent BikeSafe workshops are a mix of theory and practical sessions and will include on-road observed rides, information videos, motorcycle related first aid and other relevant issues.
Our one day workshops will be in the format of Day 1 below, our two day ‘Bridging the Gap’ workshop will be as detailed below, with the second day ran by the Gwent IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists) providing a ‘Taster’ day promoting the benefits of Advanced Motorcycling Training.
- 09:00-09:45 – Administration and introductions
- 09:45-12:30 – Bikesafe national curriculum delivery
- 12:30-13:30 – Lunch (hot meal provided)
- 13:30-15:30 – Observed rides with Advanced Police Motorcyclists
- 15:30-16:30 – Workshop de-brief, question and answer session
Day 2 – ‘Bridging the Gap’ taster day ran by Gwent IAM motorcyclists
- 09:00-09:30 – Handover to the Gwent IAM
- 09:30-11:30 – On the road ride with the IAM
- 11:30-12:30 – Lunch (hot meal provided)
- 12:30-14:30 – On the road ride with the IAM
- 14:30-15:30 – First aid input in relation to motorcyclists that may be involved in a collision
- 15:30-16:30 – IAM question and answer session, options for further Advanced training covered